To Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Yonsei from Japan and China
From Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Japan and China from Yonsei
Board
Notice Gallery Alumni Q&A
Contact Us
Yonsei Osaka Peking Shanghai Jiao Tong Tshinghua Tianjin Univ.of TCM
Yonsei University College of Medicine Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Peking University Health Science Center Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine Tianjin University of TCM Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology

Alumni

Osaka Unversity Faculty of Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine
Cui Meishan
  • 방문대학 및 학과 연세대학교 보건학과
  • 방문기간 2017/09/25 ~ 2017/11/03

I stayed 6 weeks in Yonsei University from September to November. When I leaved from Korea, I couldn’t tear myself away from friendly teachers and students in the department of public health, my new friends and the delicious food.

Through observation and participation of the cohort study which is conducted by the department of public health, Yonsei University, I found the study has many affinities with a cohort study which is conducted by our department. Of course, there were also many differences, such as nutrition questionnaire and cognitive test. Furthermore, in weekly meeting, I can obtain information about every projects the department proceeds with, and can get knowledge about how to design and advance the projects. Thanks for the arrangement by tutor Choi, I observed occupational disease lecture and weekly seminars, and learned a lot.

When I was in Yonsei University, many students in the department were busy preparing for the annual academic conferences, so that I missed a chance to communicate well with them about their research and also their campus life as graduate school students. But I had a chance to attend to Korean academic conference in Busan and learned a lot about not only outstanding results which were achieved by many excellent researchers, but also how to present in Korean style. After the conference, I enjoyed a short trip by myself in Daegu, Sunchoen and Yeosu. The last time I tripped to Korea was over 10 years ago, and at that time I tripped with my parents, so I didn’t need to schedule for the trip. This time, I scheduled, travelled by myself, so that, this was a valuable independent experience for me.

Although my mother tongue is Korean, but because I was born and grew up in China, so I speaks Korean with a Chinese Korean accent. Campus Asia project also offered me a chance to learn Korean accent in a language school. I did free talk with a friendly teacher three times in a week and it helped me to correct my accent. The teacher and I became good friend and still keep contact with each other. In addition to the learning life, I was really lucky to have a very nice roommate, a Korean girl who was born in Australia. I miss the times when we eat out, enjoyed a Seoul city tour and went for Karaoke together. Although we cannot go out together now, but I am sure our friendship lasts long.

All in all, the life in Korea impressed me with a pleasant lifestyle, critical thinking in research work and independent lifestyle to take care of myself. I would sincerely like to express my heartfelt thanks to the Campus Asia project for offering me the chance to study and live in Korea.​