To Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Yonsei from Japan and China
From Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Japan and China from Yonsei
Board
Notice Gallery Alumni Q&A
Contact Us
Yonsei Osaka Peking Shanghai Jiao Tong Tshinghua Tianjin Univ.of TCM
Yonsei University College of Medicine Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Peking University Health Science Center Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine Tianjin University of TCM Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology

Alumni

Osaka Unversity Faculty of Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine
Wang Yu
  • 방문대학 및 학과 연세대학교 보건학과
  • 방문기간 2018/02/08 ~ 2018/02/28

I got sick before the day I have to go to Seoul, so I was permitted to reschedule my flight. Honestly, I was frustrated and worried about my health condition when I was on the aircraft. And it was quite a chaotic situation when I arrived in Incheon airport, I was in the long queue waiting for immigration check, forgot to exchange some cash and `where is my luggage? `…

However, things were gradually turning better during the following days, I was able to follow the schedule well, and started to enjoy myself there. Since Professor Kim already told us that one of the important targets of this exchange program from Korean government is the cultural exchange and the period we stayed there was unstable, with graduates leaving and freshmen coming, so Korean language learning and traditional cultural experience occupied a large part in our program. This is actually perfect for me, based on the impressions generated from Korean dramas, variety shows and music out of Korea, immersing in the language and traditional tour brought me the chance to actively understand the culture deeply. 

Apart from this, lectures in English, lab meetings, cohort study participation and hospital tour were arranged. Three lectures were addressed by different professors, each of them talked about either their own participated researches or the brief knowledge in the field. From their talk, I can feel professors are very humble and I am encouraged with their strong passions in researches. Combined with lab meetings and one on-going cohort study participation, the whole lab showed their diverse research interests as well as outstanding team-work.

At last, I would like to say this program in Yonsei University is like a healing trip for me, my physical condition was getting better and I was encouraged and inspired by the persons I met, which makes me feel I am not alone and I have my own value. Life is a long journey, let`s enjoy whatever we are going through!

Special thanks to 김수경 , 허지은 , 정미연 선생님,최혜린 ,my lab mates (Fangyu Yan, Kaede Kouno) and the whole members of Professor Kim`s lab! That was amazing! 

(Picture 1 caption: During our traditional tour guided by Ms. Kim, one of the schedules was making stamps with Korean names by ourselves. This classroom is located in Insa-dong ,where many traditional hints can be found.)

(Picture2 caption: Korean language teacher, Ms. Jeong was recommending the yummy Korean snacks during the break time.)

(Picture3 caption: Severance hospitals of Yonsei University are marvelous!)

(Picture4 caption: Since I intended to know more about Miss Choi`s study, she was explaining what is MMSE-K by using this document. Then she nicely let me keep it, I hope I can read it one day!)