To Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Yonsei from Japan and China
From Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Japan and China from Yonsei
Board
Notice Gallery Alumni Q&A
Contact Us
Yonsei Osaka Peking Shanghai Jiao Tong Tshinghua Tianjin Univ.of TCM
Yonsei University College of Medicine Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Peking University Health Science Center Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine Tianjin University of TCM Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology

Alumni

연세대학교 의과대학
김재윤
  • 방문대학 및 학과 Osaka University Faculty of Medicine
  • 방문기간 2020/01/06 ~ 2020/01/26

The daily routine was the inpatient rounds, outpatient rounds and case conference of the department of psychiatry. On the first day, I met with Professor Ikeda. On the second day, Dr. Koji Mori introduced Osaka university hospital to me, and after that, I joined inpatients rounding held by Prof. Hashimoto, mainly about neuropsychiatric patients such as Alzheimer's disease, Dementia with Lewy body patients. This was also done on the next two weeks. On the third day, I met Dr. Hata who are in brain wave research, and learned about EEG, and case of neurologic, and psychiatric patients. On the fourth day, I joined at Professor Etsuro Mori's outpatients clinic, and also learned from patients who are in AD, DLB, MCI, depression. This was also done on the next week. After that, I joined at Case conference of neuropsychiatry research group. This was also done on the next week.  On the 7th day, I joined the inpatient rounds and conference held by Professor Ikeda, and also joined at general meeting. On the 8th day, I met Dr. Adachi and joined the outpatients clinic.

They literally tried to inroduce every part of the department of psychiatry, and I could acquire many knowledge about psychiatry. Originally, I was interested in EEG and had an interest about how the brain waves of the psychiatric patients are shown on the EEG, such as dementia and schizophrenia. But this was the issue that were now in research, so Dr. Hata tried to explain the principle of EEG and the chracteristics of each disease. In addition, I could meet plenty of dementia patients in several professor's inpatient and outpatient clinic, I could see many aspects of dementia patients and their symptoms. During the rounds, Dr. Satake, Dr. Sato, and many other doctors tried to explain the exact situations to me, I could somewhat keep up the flow of conversation between the professor and the patients. And also, I could figure out many psychiatric diseases, and their brain image and other cognitive test.

On the fifth day, I visited to Asakayama hospital with Dr. Suzuki. This hospital is now a general hospital, but originally built as a psychiatric hospital. I could see many facilities for psychiatric patients, and I can see how the developed psychiatric hospital works.

The memorable thing is that the rehabilitation facilities for the patients, and the restaurants run by the patients. They created a society for the patient to be accustomed to the real society without difficulty. I could also get an explanation about the facilities well.

This symposium and lecture was mainly about public health.They told us what is the right way to do a research by giving an example of paper. I could learn about public health and the increasing significance of research. Many lectures were very helpful for me as a medical student.

Originally I was interested to become a clinician and researcher of psychiatry, but this experience made me to have more interests in the department of psychiatry. Especially about dementia, this study is now getting more significance because of aging society. But the disease is so complicated that can't be explained by image test, cognitive test, or prescription. For example, there was a patient whose symptom was cured by drug for DLB patient, but the physical examination of the patient has no specific symptoms that are specifically shown on DLB patient. As this study is under development compared to any other part of medicine, this draws my interest a lot more than before, and I want to learn deeply about psychiatry.

Only one thing that needs improvement is that it would be great if all of the Campus Asia programs in these universities have clear form for the applicants, so that they can clearly know what they are applying.