To Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Yonsei from Japan and China
From Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Japan and China from Yonsei
Board
Notice Gallery Alumni Q&A
Contact Us
Yonsei Osaka Peking Shanghai Jiao Tong Tshinghua Tianjin Univ.of TCM
Yonsei University College of Medicine Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Peking University Health Science Center Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine Tianjin University of TCM Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology

Alumni

Peking University Health Science Center
Di Yang
  • 방문대학 및 학과 Medical Law and Ethics, Yonsei University College of Medicine (Korea)
  • 방문기간 2017/08/06 ~ 2017/08/19

Final Reports

One of the most impressive part is the lectures and the visits closely focused on public health. Though the lectures, the students from China, Korea and Japan actively participated in discussion about the important and hot issues in the field of global public health, as well as to study the medical legislation and policies in Korea. Additionally, the staff of CAMPH in Yonsei University kindly led us to visit several national medical institutions in Seoul, which indeed provide me with direct insight into the health and medical service status of Korea. At the last three days of the program, we attended to the 49th Asia-Pacific Academic Consortium for Public Health Conference held at the Yonsei University International Campus, and had the opportunity to get the most up-to-date information and recent trends in the public health studies.

Concerning the life in Korea, I appreciated the chance to take Korean language courses, where I learned basic Korean and understood culture differences. After all, learning a language is the best way to learn about a culture. During the meaningful and wonderful days in Korea, I was able to gain an understanding of the differences and similarities in cultures among China, Korea and Japan by communicating with each participant of this workshop.

Taking diverse perspectives, from health legislation to medical policies and measures, I was able to gain a better understanding of the recent developments and current status of global public health, and also discovered that health and medical legislation and policies of China was not to be well known by Korean and Japanese peers. Therefore, it made me realize that we should strengthen academic communication while doing our research work. Only better communication can promote joint development in health care, information technology and academia among China, Korea and Japan. In addition, what I have learned from this wonderful workshop brings me new ideas for my research work and also improves the way of study and working.

I would like to take this opportunity to express my heartfelt gratitude to all professors, staff members and participants of this workshop. It is very considerate of the CAMPH in Yonsei University to make all the arrangement for us. I really had a meaningful and memorable time in Korea. On a personal note, I think academic communication and interaction with local Korean students may help to promote extensive and in-depth communication among students from China, Korea and Japan.