To Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Yonsei from Japan and China
From Yonsei
Program information for students visiting Japan and China from Yonsei
Board
Notice Gallery Alumni Q&A
Contact Us
Yonsei Osaka Peking Shanghai Jiao Tong Tshinghua Tianjin Univ.of TCM
Yonsei University College of Medicine Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Peking University Health Science Center Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine Tianjin University of TCM Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology Tsinghua University School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology

Alumni

Peking University Health Science Center
Zhe Fang
  • 방문대학 및 학과 Medical Law and Ethics, Yonsei University College of Medicine (Korea)
  • 방문기간 2017/08/06 ~ 2017/08/19

Experience through CAMPH workshop in Yonsei University

1) What you have learned and experienced through the program
In these days, I learned that in perspective of global health governance, public health law, as an infrastructure and intervention, can contribute to health in all policies, health system strengthening and ultimate universal health care; I got that how the Republic of Korea settle medical dispute through medical mediation and arbitration process; I thought over ethic and legal issues in precision medicine as well as the path forward to informed consent; I became acquainted that policymaking and legislation of ascertaining patient safety. Furthermore, I visited Korean Institute for Healthcare Accreditation, Medical Disrepute Mediation and Arbitration Agency, National Cancer Center and Korean National Institute for Bioethics. What impressed me most is that we entered into the steep, moist 3rd Tunnel in DMZ and experienced yearn for peace and unity of South Korean.

2) How this program helped with your career plan and education
As an junior undergraduate student majoring in public health, I have always been attaching an importance to learning basic medicine, clinic medicine, epidemiology and health management. In the contrast, I lack knowledge in bioethics and health law which is an indispensable subject for medicine and public health professionals actually. Yet through the lectures by several professors in Yonsei University and officers in associated institutes, I have attained some opinions about topics in regarding to bioethics and health law beneficial to a thoughtful health policy making and implementation and epidemiological research design.

Feedback for Enhancement of the program and schedules

The program sponsor- Yonsei University - provided exquisite and detailed reference materials for students. Through the process from application to departure, the coordinator of CAMPH kept in close touch with us. All staff or professors of the program are very considerable, responsible and reliable. I enjoyed myself in a pleasant environment with neat and tidy dormitory, complete peripheral facilities satisfying basic needs and delicious dishes. It is the first time that I am very satisfied with the journey at ease far away from home. After this experience, Seoul is a livable city towards which my attitude become better and better. When it comes to schedules, I am in favor of the activity arrangements of visiting associated institutes and scenic spots after learning academic lectures. And I am so excited that I can have Korean language class and felt honored to attend the 49th APACPH. However, sometimes, I was a little tired with the tight schedules. And as a student majoring in public health, I hope to learn more knowledge related to epidemiology, occupational health, health policy and so on.